Why are these two candidates running? What is behind their choices?
The Left and the Media will tell you that Trump has a huge ego and is running because he likes to be popular and is a circus showman.
They will tell you Clinton is an experienced leader who supports the poor, women and children, and will lift up Lady Liberty's light to the yearning masses.
So, I looked deeper.
Trump had a top rated reality show. ( I have never watched it nor read his books.) He made decent money from it and it increased his brand. He was popular. (Rappers made songs about him. "Up Like Trump.") He is 70 years old. His children are set for life. He could have simply retired in luxury and comfort anywhere in the world. He could have become a Political pundit. People with large egos don't like negative press and every pipsqueak with a keyboard is writing awful things every time he opens his mouth. Trump, however, has put quite a bit of his own money into a race that he has no need to make. The White House is a step down in luxury living quarters for Trump. It's not a career move or even a grand finale to long career. In fact, it's completely out of his comfort zone and he's made some dreadful mistakes. Ego-driven people stay in their comfort zone where mistakes aren't likely.
So the media's Trump spin is incompatible with simple logic. None of their reasons stack up.
Hillary has spent 30 years in the political arena. She knows it well. She, unlike Trump, speaks the language well. She is practiced. She is poised. It's what she does. It's what she knows. The political morass IS her comfort zone. She clearly wants to go down in history as the first female president.
That's a pretty big ego.
But, okay, at some point a female President will happen. She figures she's got the ability and experience.
Trump says he's running because he loves his country.
Hillary says ditto on that.
Let's look at America:
Under the Clinton/Bush dynasties how has America faired in the last 30 years?
- The National debt is huge.
- Manufacturing has left at alarming rates.
- Education is expensive and yet, does a poor job. I mean, seriously, the culture holds up The Kardashians as role models.
- War and poverty have taken a huge toll in both lives and economics.
- Health care has stopped innovating.
- Regulations have slowed housing loans and almost crushed small business.
- The tax code has expanded so much, you have to buy software or hire someone to help you.
- Under our politicians and their Vast Experience, we've lost the war on Drugs. More jail time and incarcerations and more addicts prove that.
- If our kids are drug free, they are almost zombies with video games and smartphones.
- And our country screams at one another on social media and riots in Democrat run cities.
How has Trump faired in the last 30 years?
- He's come back from failure, bankruptcy, and debt.
- Screwed up a couple of marriages but managed to stay on good terms with the children and the ex-wives. (Not easy.)
- He's built palaces of gold all over the world. see photo.
- He's created large numbers of jobs.
- He's guided some amazing kids who don't have drug issues and who all give back. (Eric Trump has given huge amounts to Saint Jude's Children's Hospital. Millions!)
- He's has over 500 successful businesses.
- He stood up for Blacks and Jews in Palm Beach.
- Hired women in the construction industry in executive and leadership roles.
- Pays those women equal to men before it was cool or EXPECTED.
- And sometimes he says stuff that sounds awful on Social Media.
Trump's motivation has either utterly escaped the media and the pundits and the doctors and the millions of people looking at the race... or it is exactly what's he's said. He loves His country.
Clearly, however, it's not because of his big fat ego. He's already got the means to feed that MUCH better than this race has done.
Hillary's motivation is a career finale. If Hillary were truly a great leader capable of running the country into prosperity, her influence over the last 30 years would be much more profound. 30 years is a lot of time to have made significant inroads in poverty, inner cities, equal pay, education, not to mention a world racing toward nuking one another.
Hilary's influence isn't profound...because she's simply another corrupt politician. She's become rich off of public service?? How is that possible.