Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Vets For Trump


By Eva White 
Former US Army, Nurse


Donald Trump reminds me of my son when he was younger. I would get so frustrated with my son bringing home poor grades, while at the same time being told by his teachers that he was very intelligent and way ahead of the other students in his class. One day I got called in for a parent teacher conference regarding my son's algebra grade. As I sat there looking at his paper, I wanted to cry. Once again he had made an "F".  The teacher explained that my son refused to follow instructions that stated he must show his work and that writing down an answer was unacceptable. I told her I didn't understand why he didn’t because I was sure he knew what he was doing.

My son had been sitting there listening quietly when he suddenly said, "Because I'm right mom."
I replied, “What do you mean Jake?”
My son said, "ALL of my answers are right."
I looked at his teacher and asked if he was telling the truth -- were all of his answers correct?
His teacher looked down at his paper and then back up at me. 
She said, "Yes, his answers are right but that's not the point. He has to follow the rules and show me how he got the right answer."
My frustration was building and I asked my son, “Why don't you just show your work, and make an ‘A’?”
Jake said, "Mom, I don't have time. I just want to get it done and get it right. I can explain it to her later if she needs me to but I know I'm right."

That was pretty much the end of that. Except you might want to know my son was accepted into ACU for Aeronautical Engineering when he graduated from High School. (Ahem. That's where we get Rocket Scientists.) 

I hear what Donald Trump is saying and I understand that kind of brain. He has a plan, he knows it is right, he just doesn't have time to explain it in detail right now. He gives Americans bits and pieces of his plan but then he moves on to his next topic because in his mind he has already figured it out. He can't afford to waste time with explaining the small details because he sees another problem that needs solving.

Yes, it would be nice to see his work, step by step but he has a proven track record of getting the answers right. When he's made mistakes in the past, he figures it out and finds another way to effectively solve the problem. He doesn’t linger there. When he has realized he was wrong on an issue he says so and moves on. He doesn't need to beat a dead horse. He buries it and moves forward.

These are traits that I admire. As a person who has made many mistakes in my past, I could sit and waste time dwelling them or I can get up and move past it. I choose to be more effective in my present day life and let the past go. Donald Trump appears to feel the same way and I get it. I see how successful his businesses are and I understand that in order to have built his businesses in all the countries that he has, he apparently has a much calmer demeanor when he needs too. I doubt he would have his businesses around the world if he didn't have a professional attitude when it is necessary. So, I am not concerned with his brashness or inappropriate comments on the campaign trail.

As for people saying he isn't a proven Conservative, I say let's give him a chance to prove himself. Looking at the success he has had with his children, I think if they are any indication of his morals, values or beliefs, America couldn't possibly do any better. Sure, there are people who may be more politically correct and maybe their knowledge of the Constitution is greater but I have no doubt that as President, Donald Trump will surround himself with nothing but the most knowledgeable people. He demands excellence in the people who work for him and with him. When I hear him say he watches the Generals on TV to get some of his information, I am impressed. These retired Generals are the EXPERTS in their field. Why would anyone NOT listen to them? Sure, he could read the newspapers but why would he choose to learn from a journalist over a person who has been on the ground and in the trenches? We must remember that, as an outsider, he doesn’t have the clearance or access that others already have obtained.  Once he’s elected, he’ll be far more informed just by the nature of the job. This is a man that already wakes up every morning at 4 or 5 am to read reports and news.

Donald Trump has a reason for everything he does, most often by the time we figure out the reason; he has completed his mission and moved on. That is whom I want as President of the United States of America -- Someone who is way ahead of the rest of us.

Former SSG US Army, Nurse (Specialty: Mental Health/psych), Mother of 3 amazing children, Nana to 3 angels. Married to my Best friend. Living a Blessed Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment